Friday, January 12, 2007

Nasa Image of the day


I have always been interested in Astronomy from childhood.. and I added this feed to my google homepage to get to know more about astronomy, the universe and its vastness never cease to amaze me and always makes me think more about how powerful God is. The perfection of the universe and how delicately its balanced also makes me more sure about the hand of God in all things.

Well, this picture made me think a bit :) well, it could be a foolish thought as well, and its only because I try to correlate everything to God and the Bible that I am thinking this way. well, there was this very famous Image. and the write up about it says that picture in the inset is called "Pillars of creation" however it was destroyed by an enormous explosion somewhere between 1000 and 2000 years ago. And it is said that the explosion was visible as an extremely bright star on earth at the time :) I was just wondering if it could be the stars the three wise men saw when Jesus was born.. wouldn't it be wondrous then? because then its clear that even something far off in another galaxy and the birth of Jesus here on Earth are very much correlated. And since the light from that location takes about 6000 - 7000 years to reach the earth, wouldn't everything be known to God beforehand... Isn't it amazing to think that way? That things happening at the other end of the universe have a profound effect to events happening on earth as well? to know more about the picture the link is ... here

No comments: